Out of the arts what do you perfer?

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

almost "Orange Julius"

Ok so i am reading through a cooking magazine waiting for my (twin) sister to gget done with softball practice, and I come across a recipe for (almost)"Orange Julius". I have been looking for the recipe for a long time now, and I say to my mom that we should make it. We end up at the store getting the supplies necesarry for the creation. We get home in a matter of minutes, I pull off my shoes and my mom pulls out the blender and we got to work on it. In a few minutes we have one batch made. I pull out some cups, I pour it out, and I drink it. It had to be the best tasting drink in my life.(It is non-alcoholic). So tonight I am going to make it again. here is the recipe-

Almost-famous "Orange milkshake"

1 6-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract(I used vanilla paste)
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar


1. mix the orange juice concentrate with one cup water(or 2 cups orange juice instead of this mixture) in a large measuring cup or bowl(which ever you perfer).

2. Transfer the orange mix, and or juice, to a blender. Add the milk, vanilla, both sugars and one cup ice and blend until smooth and frothy.
Divide among four glasses(if desired, I just keep the whole batch for myself.. haha)

If you like this recipe, and want more like this, you could buy the "food network magazine".

No comments:

Post a Comment